Sophos SafeGuard Enterprise Encryption
Protect your data when it's stored in the cloud
Includes: SafeGuard Device Encryption, SafeGuard Data Exchange, SafeGuard Native Device Encryption, SafeGuard Encryption for File Shares, SafeGuard Encryption for Cloud Storage, SafeGuard Easy, SafeGuard Disk Encryption for Mac, SafeGuard File Encryption for Mac, Management Center
Sorry, this product is no longer available, please contact us for a replacement.
To stay productive, users access corporate data from any number of devices, regardless of policy. To keep your business data safe and compliant, our encryption solution protects your information across all platforms. This way, your data is protected no matter where it goes: on personal devices, in network file shares or in the cloud. Now with support for Windows 8 and file and disk encryption on Macs.
Sophos SafeGuard Enterprise is the complete encryption and data protection solution—from computers to networks, and the cloud.
Benefit from our award-winning encryption that's already protecting millions
Uses internationally recognized encryption standards for full hard-disk encryption
Allows multiple users to share encrypted computers without sharing their passwords
Encrypts data in the background so that protection doesn't impact your users
Offers a fast initial encryption option that encrypts only the parts of your hard drives with data, saving you significant time when encrypting large disks
Stops unauthorized users from reading lost or stolen media
Ensures fast and secure authentication, using biometric fingerprint and cryptographic token support
Quicker than ever with support for new generation i5 and i7 Intel processors
Protect your information and manage compliance
We make it simple for you to manage your security policies and data protection effectively across your organization. You'll be ready to comply with data privacy laws and keep the wrong people from seeing your organization's confidential information.
- Uses our single console to manage full-disk encryption, removable-media encryption, file-share encryption and cloud-storage encryption
- Provides up-to-date security status for all your devices. Get reporting and auditing that lets you monitor and ensure compliance with internal policies and external regulations
Let users collaborate securely with key management
Our key management works behind the scenes. That means it's easy for your authorized users to share data securely across PCs and removable media, while you maintain the control you need
- Manages storing, sharing, exchanging and retiring of keys from the central console
- Enables easy data access and recovery during an emergency—for example, if a user's PC crashes
- Allows secure and quick access to encrypted disks or files on other systems via automated key reassignments in the console
Stay productive with fast data recovery
Get back the time you're spending on data recovery, even when your users forget passwords, lose their authorization or leave your organization.
- Lets users recover passwords quickly using challenge/ response questions over the phone or via a web portal
- Allows users to recover forgotten passwords with local self-help, so they don't lose time waiting for an admin to reset their passwords
- Recovers broken operating system configurations on encrypted disks when using the external boot option with Windows PE
Deploy rapidly from one location
For central and unattended installation, use standard Microsoft Installer Packages to deploy SafeGuard Enterprise to your users' PCs without any end-user involvement.
What's New in SafeGuard Enterprise 6.1
Windows 8 support and full disk and file encryption on Macs
Protect your corporate data wherever it goes, securing laptops, USB devices, network shares and even files uploaded to the cloud. Now with Windows 8 support for all SafeGuard modules and full disk and file encryption on Macs.
Simplified keyring creation
SafeGuard Enterprise grants you seamless, centralized management with simply key management. With this newest release, you can save time with our simplified keyring creation that requires no re-logon.
The updated Management Center in SafeGuard Enterprise is easier to use than ever and grants you seamless, centralized management of keys, policies and devices. The new simplified keyring creation saves time by not requiring re-boot or re-logon.
SafeGuard Enterprise Modules:
Implements and enforces a common, organization-wide security policy framework, providing you with a central point of management control in mixed IT environments.
Transparently encrypts data on laptops, desktops and external media, protecting your users against unauthorized access, loss or theft of data.
Ensures the secure exchange of data on removable media with your business partners and customers, even if they don't have a SafeGuard application installed.
Sophos SafeGuard Enterprise Encryption
Encrypts files uploaded to cloud storage services from managed computers. We also include readers for opening these files on iOS and Android devices.
Native Device Encryption
Manages third-party security applications such as Windows BitLocker and Mac FileVault 2 drive encryption.
Encryption for File Shares
Encrypts user data across workgroups. Protect your data on local drives and network servers, at both the file and directory levels.
Unless specified otherwise, all information in this KBA is based on SafeGuard Enterprise 6.10.
|SafeGuard Enterprise - Client|
|Windows XP SP3 Professional||***||300 MB||1 GB*|
|Windows Vista SP2 Business, Enterprise, Ultimate Edition||***||***||300 MB||1 GB*|
|Windows 7 SP1 HomePremium, Professional, Enterprise, Ultimate Edition||300 MB||1 GB*|
|Windows 8, 8.1 Pro, Enterprise Edition||100 MB||2 GB*|
|SafeGuard - Management Center|
|Windows 7 SP1 HomePremium, Professional, Enterprise, Ultimate Edition||1 GB||1 GB|
|Windows 8, 8.1 Pro, Enterprise Edition||1 GB||1 GB|
|Windows Server 2008 SP1+||Please follow standard Windows Server installation guidelines|
|Windows Server 2008 R2, SP1|
|Windows Server 2012|
|Windows Server 2012 R2|
|SafeGuard Enterprise - Server|
|Windows Server 2008 SP1+ **||Please follow standard Windows Server installation guidelines|
|Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 **|
|Windows Server 2012 **|
|Windows Server 2012 R2 **|
Windows Small Business Server and Windows Server Essentials are not supported.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 SP2 and SP3, 2008 R2 SP1, 2012 SP1
- Microsoft SQL Server Express edition 2008 SP2 and SP3, 2008 R2 SP1, 2012 SP1
Standards and Protocols
- Symmetrical encryption: AES 128 bit, AES 256 bit
- Asymmetrical encryption: RSA (PKCS#1)
- Hash functions: SHA-1, SHA-256, SHA-384, SHA-512
- Password hashing: PKCS #5
- Protocols and interfaces: PKCS #11, PKCS #15, LDAP, Microsoft Cryptographic Service Provider (CSP), SOAP, XML, SSL, TCG, CCID, Kerberos
- PKI: PKSC #7, PKCS #12, X.509 certificates
- Common Criteria EAL 3+
- Common Criteria EAL 4
- Uses FIPS 140-2 validated cryptography
- Safenet eToken and EnCase enabled
- SafeGuard Enterprise Client: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- SafeGuard Enterprise Management Center: English, French, German, Japanese
*Note: This memory space is recommended for the PC. Not all of this memory is used by SafeGuard Enterprise.
**Includes Internet Information Server
*** These platforms are supported with a SafeGuard Enterprise Client version 6.00.1 (managed by a SafeGuard Enterprise version 6.10 backend).
Download the Sophos SafeGuard Enterprise Data Sheet (PDF).
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.